Out of Hours Service
This service is for urgent conditions which cannot wait until your own doctor’s surgery is open.
What should I do if I (or a member of my family) take ill out of hours?
(Hours: Weekday evenings from 6pm until your surgery opens the following day, Weekends & Bank Holidays)
If you do not remember this number ring your own GP Practice and you will be given this number.
Why is it important to phone first?
Please do not come to the centre without phoning first. This is because:
Many problems can be sorted out over the phone
- Patients often come to the centre when they need to go to casualty instead
- Patients who ‘drop in’ may have to wait longer. Those who have been asked to come to the centre will usually be seen first.
- All the centres are not staffed all the time which can result in unnecessary delays for patients
What will happen when I phone?
Your details will be taken by an experienced member of staff. A nurse or doctor will call you back. Depending on your query you may be given advice over the phone, be asked to attend a centre, or a home visit will be arranged.
Our Centres are located in:
- Ballymena: 20 Larne Road Link (Beside IMC Cinema), Ballymena
- Coleraine: Outpatients 4 (Fracture Clinic), Causeway Hospital, Coleraine
- Whiteabbey: Day Rehabiliation Unit, Whiteabbey Hospital, Whiteabbey
- Moneymore: 13 Station Road, Moneymore
You should attend your nearest A&E Unit if you have had a serious accident.
If the condition is potentially life threatening (e.g. suspected heart attack) phone 999
Please be aware all calls are recorded for monitoring and training purposes.